Configuring MRP in Openbravo
For the planning processes to work correctly, you have to properly configure the products and the vendors.
Planning Process には Products と Vendors の設定が必須。
Before starting it is needed to create the necessary planning methods and planners as they are required in the product configuration.
Planning 関連の設定の前提として、Procudts の設定が必要。
It is very important to pay attention to the organizations where the products and vendors are being configured.
Products と Vendors の設定には organizations の設定が重要であるので注意すること。
The products have to be configured for each organization that performs manufacturing or purchase planning. You can do this in the Product definition window, in the Org Specific tab. The relevant attributes are:
- Default Process Plan: required for manufactured products.
- Planning Method: the planning method to use.
- Planner: the planner responsible for the product in the organization.
- Capacity: the maximum daily capacity for the product, to purchase or to produce. If the demand exceeds the capacity, the proposal will extend beyond one day.
- Min. Quantity: the minimum quantity that can be purchased or to produced.
- Qty. Type: defines how the quantity of the proposals is calculated.
- Exact, each proposal is for this exact quantity and MRP recommends as many purchase or work requirements as necessary to fulfill the demand. For example, if this value is 10 and the demand is for 55, 6 proposals for 10 each are recommended.
- Multiple, the proposal quantity is a multiple of this quantity. For example, if this value is 10 and the demand is 55, one proposal for 60 is recommended.
- If no type is defined the proposals are created with the needed quantity.
- Minimum lead time: minimum lead time in days to complete the proposal. For example, if this value is 10 and a product is needed for October 30th, MRP suggests initiating purchasing or production on October 20th.
- Safety stock: minimum stock level to maintain during the planning processes. For example, if this value is 50 and the quantity on hand is 100, for a demand of 60, MRP suggests to purchase or produce 10.
Further, to process the purchase plan it is necessary to set at least one current vendor for the products. For each product and vendor, you can specify:
- Minimum purchase quantity
- Promised delivery time (in days)
- Minimum order quantity
- Quantity type
In the purchase plan process, if these data is not defined for the selected vendor, it is defaulted from the values specified at product and organization level.
Process Plan Configuration
The correct definition of a process plan is essential for the correct execution of MRP as the process plans is needed to explode the product demand.
MRP, however, does not have any additional configuration options for process plans beyond what is required for Production Management.